Piccolo Teatro Patafisico presents the 11th Edition of SorsiCorti Short Film Festival. Our mission is giving visibility to the work of filmmakers from all over the world and offering to our audience a careful selection of quality short films. SorsiCorti Festival will take place in Palermo, Italy, in May 2017.
RULES (download here the complete rules SorsiCorti_XI_Eng)
- Videomakers may choose to participate in the Festival by loading their short film on FESTHOME FILMFREEWAY or MOVIBETA and filling the entry form on the selected platform. Entry form available also here. Videomakers will also have to load the following accompanying material, whose publication is authorized and free, both for the catalogue and for promotional purposes:
- english subtitles in .srt format (mandatory); italian subtitles in .srt format (if available)
- 2 high-resolution images (300 dpi, size of the base at least 20 cm = 7,8 inch; format .jpg or .tif), to be chosen from one frame, one scene photos or poster
- A close-up photos of the director (300 dpi, size of the base at least 12 cm = 4,7 inch; format .jpg or .tif)
- The deadline for entries is 20.12.2106. Failure to provide any of the above materials implies the exclusion from the Festival;
- Entry to the Festival is free of charge until October 10, 2016. Subsequently, it has a cost of € 10 payable directly on the loading platform. The entry fees will not be returned.
- The Festival is divided in several sections:
- Free short films: short films on any subject in the following categories: Fiction (maximum 20 minutes), Documentary (maximum 30 minutes), Animation (maximum 20 minutes), Video Art (maximum 20 minutes), made after 01.01.2013;
- Digital story telling: short films on any subject in the following categories: Web Series, Found Footage, Machinima, Mash-up Video, made after 01.01.2013;
- Cortissimi: short films on any subject and any category (maximum 1 minute);
- DegustiCinema: short films (maximum 30 minutes) and feature films (minimum 50 minutes) that depict the wine and the symbolic imagery that revolves around it. The submitted works will become part of “The Wine Film Library DegustiCinema”. The archived material can be used for screenings at film events related to the food and wine industry tied to the Festival SorsiCorti.