Piccolo Teatro Patafisico presents the 12th Edition of SorsiCorti Short Film Festival. Our mission is giving visibility to the work of filmmakers from all over the world and offering to our audience a careful selection of quality short films. SorsiCorti Festival will take place in Palermo, Italy, from 22 to 26 may 2018.
RULES & TERMS
- The videomakers may choose to participate in the Festival by loading the short film on one of these platform:
and filling in the blank in the entry form on the platform or on www.sorsicorti.it. They will also have to load the following accompanying material of the short film, whose publication is authorized and free, both for the catalogue and for promotional purposes in the press:
- english subtitles in format .srt (mandatory); italian subtitles in format .srt (if available)
- No. 2 high-resolution images (300 dpi, size of the base at least 20 cm = 7,8 inch; format .jpg or .tif), to be chosen from one frame, one scene photos or poster
- A close-up photos of the director (300 dpi, size of the base at least 12 cm = 4,7 inch; format .jpg or .tif)
- The deadline for entries is 11.12.2017. Failure to provide any of the above data imply the exclusion from the Festival;
- Entry to the Festival has a cost of € 10 for short films and € 20 for feature films (“Not short films”), payable directly on the loading platform. The entry fees will not be returned.
- The competition consists of three categories:
- Short films: short films on any subject in the following categories: Fiction (maximum 20 minutes), Documentary (maximum 30 minutes), Animation (maximum 20 minutes), Video Art (maximum 20 minutes), made after 01/01/2014;
- Web series: works made for web, by loading episode 1 or pilot, made after 01/01/2014;
- Not short films: feature films (minimum 50 minutes) on any subject, made after 01/01/2014.
- Works of any nationality are admitted to the competition.
- Short films and feature films that are submitted must be the original work and shall not infringe on any copyrights or any other rights of any third parties. Contestants agree that they have obtained all required permissions regarding music, sound and/or images presented in your short film. By entering the contest, the contestant agrees that SorsiCorti Festival can not be held liable for any copyright infringements committed by him or by his short film.
- Each author may submit one work per category.
- The selection of the films in competition will be curated by the organizers, whose decision is final.
- There is no reimbursement from the organizers.
- Under italian law 196/2003 the personal data of the authors will be processed only for purposes of the organization of the festival.
- The organizers reserve the right to suspend or modify the event if necessary.
- The jury will award the best film for each section and an absolute winner. The winners of the categories will receive a prize consisting of a plate and any other prizes offered by the Jury and the Organization of the Festival. The director of the best sorsicorti film will be invited to join the jury for the next edition. The organization will cover travel and accommodations costs. For non-European destinations the organizations will contribute to the costs in an equitable way.
- The jury reserves the right not to award prizes in the absence of significant works. The judges’ decision is final.
- Participation in the competition implies unconditional acceptance of this regulation. The Direction of SorsiCorti can take any decision on issues which are not listed above. For any case which is not listed above, the decisions taken by the organization are applied
- For any dispute or grievance relating to the Festival worth to the incontestable opinion of the artistic director. For any dispute the designated court is the Court of Palermo, Italy.
Palermo august 14, 2017