Best short film
by Kaveh Mazaheri
Iran | 2017 | Fiction | 19’25”
The short film wisely weave, in a rigorous canvas of the staging, the threads of a solid narration, a great interpretation and direction of the actors and a clean and coherent photograph, at the service of a ruthless story that becomes the metaphor of cinema.
by Arian Vazirdaftair
Iran | 2016 | Fiction | 14’54”
Not Yet, in a few minutes, crystallizes with a form perfectly adhering to its content as its natural and irreplaceable epidermis, a simple and universal story, without forgetting the empathy of the characters and – above all – great directorial control.
SPECIAL MENTION / MENZIONE SPECIALE
Solenne Triduo Dei Morti
by Andrea Grasselli
Italy | 2015 | Documentary | 13.49
The film by Andrea Grasselli portrays the construction of a large scaffolding of ancient tradition, making the shooted event, unchanged over time, coincide with the silent and non-didactic story of a community, moving with consistency and competence between real and spiritual.
- Retouch | Kaveh Mazaheri | Iran | 2017 | Fiction | 19:25
- Choice | Rafael Valério | Italy | 2017 | Fiction | 10:35
- Flatland | Alireza Keymanesh and Amir Pousti | Iran | 2017 | Video Art | 14:35
- Finché c’è il mare | Francesco De Giorgi | Italy | 2017 | Fiction | 19:57
- Aurora | Diego Fandos | Spain | 2017 | Fiction | 10:53
- El Niño y la Noche | Claudia Ruiz | Argentina | 2017 | Animation | 12:02
- Transmission | Varun Raman and Tom Hancock | UK | 2017 | Fiction | 17:23
- Irregulars | Fabio Palmieri | Italy | 2015 | Documentary | 8:55
- Klem | Mathijs Geijskes | Netherlands | 2016 | Fiction | 10:45