SorsiCorti 14th Edition
Short film Festival
Piccolo Teatro Patafisico presents the 14th Edition of SorsiCorti Short Film Festival. Our mission is giving visibility to the work of filmmakers from all over the world and offering to our audience a careful selection of quality short films. SorsiCorti Festival will take place in Palermo, Italy, in spring 2020.
RULES & TERMS
- The videomakers may choose to participate in the Festival by loading the short film on one of these platform:
and filling in the blank in the entry form on the platform or on www.sorsicorti.it. The videomakers will also have to load the following accompanying material of the short film, whose publication is authorized and free, both for the catalogue and for promotional purposes in the press:
- English subtitles in format .srt (mandatory); Italian subtitles in format .srt (if available)
- 2 high-resolution images (300 dpi, size of the base at least 20 cm = 7,8 inch; format .jpg or .tif), to be chosen from one frame, one scene photos or poster
- A close-up photos of the director (300 dpi, size of the base at least 12 cm = 4,7 inch; format .jpg or .tif)
- The deadline for entries is January 31, 2020. Failure to provide any of the above data imply the exclusion from the Festival;
- Entry to the Festival has a cost of € 10, payable directly on the loading platform. The entry fees will not be returned.
- The competition consists of following sections:
- Short films: short films on any subject in the following categories: Fiction (maximum 30 minutes), Documentary (maximum 30 minutes), Animation (maximum 30 minutes), Video Art (maximum 30 minutes), made after January 1, 2016;
- Migrants: short films (maximum 30 minutes) whose theme is migrants and migration, in the broadest meaning, with no spatial or temporal limits, made after January 1, 2016.
- Works of any nationality are admitted to the competition.
- Short films that are submitted must be the original work and shall not infringe on any copyrights or any other rights of any third parties. Contestants agree that they have obtained all required permissions regarding music, sound and/or images presented in your short film. By entering the contest, the contestant agrees that SorsiCorti Festival can not be held liable for any copyright infringements committed by him or by his short film.
- Each author may submit one work per category.
- The selection of the films in competition will be curated by the organizers, whose decision is final.
- There is no reimbursement from the organizers.
- Under EU law 2016/679 the personal data of the authors will be processed only for purposes of the organization of the festival.
- The organizers reserve the right to suspend or modify the event if necessary.
- The jury will award the best film for each category and an absolute winner. The winners will receive a prize consisting of a plate and any other prizes offered by the Jury and the Organization of the Festival. The director of the best SorsiCorti film will be invited to join the jury for the next edition. The organization will cover travel and accommodations costs. For non-European destinations the organizations will contribute to the costs in an equitable way.
- The jury reserves the right not to award prizes in the absence of significant works. The judges’ decision is final.
- Participation in the competition implies unconditional acceptance of this regulation. The Direction of SorsiCorti can take any decision on issues which are not listed above. For any case which is not listed above, the decisions taken by the organization are applied
- For any dispute or grievance relating to the Festival worth to the incontestable opinion of the artistic director. For any dispute the designated court is the Court of Palermo, Italy.
Palermo September 27, 2019